Buildings and Contents Insurance

Building insurance is a mandatory requirement that all lenders look for when arranging a mortgage, regardless of whether you’re buying a property or remortgaging. When purchasing a leasehold property such as a flat this may already be covered by the monthly or annual maintenance charge. If you are purchasing a freehold property it’s likely that the buildings insurance will need to be covered by you and you will need buildings insurance in place for the exchange of contracts.

Aside from building insurance it’s also important to ensure that the contents of your home are insured. Contents insurance isn’t compulsory, but it offers homeowners valuable protection for their belongings in the event that they were stolen or damaged.

To speak to one of our friendly staff, please call our office and speak to one of the team on 0800 321 3166.